Homer Early Childhood Coalition
The Homer Early Childhood Coalition (formerly a partnership of Best Beginnings Alaska) began in 2010. Homer Early Childhood Coalition supports families with children ages 0-5 through community events, connections, resources, and information. We also distribute the Family Resource Booklet to support caregivers in our community. The following reflects the present status of HECC goals and strategies.
Primary Family Well-being Protective Factor: FAMILY COHESION AND SUPPORTIVE RELATIONSHIPS
|Goals and Common Agenda
- Ensure Homer area families with young children are supported.
- Individuals, agencies, businesses and the City are knowledgeable and supportive of early childhood education and its positive impacts on the community.
- Parents, caregivers, and families are capable of supporting their child’s health, emotional well-being and education so their children are ready for school.
- Child care workers & professionals working with young children have access to resources.
- Area early childhood education supporters and partners are actively engaged in Homer Early Childhood Coalition (as a sub workgroup of the community MAPP coalition) to build sustainable outreach and services within the community.
- Unique participation in activities & services across workgroups (presently available)
|Mutually Reinforcing Activities
||There are four primary areas for HECC strategies:
- Language and literacy resources and awareness
- Parent engagement and education
- Community Support for Early Childhood
- Partnership Development and Sustainability
||Lisa Asselin Martin, HECC Coordinator, email@example.com,